Wednesday 11 November 2020

Lolly Stick Sledge


      With just a few weeks to Christmas my thought are moving from cards to decorations and with limited access to new stash I have been taking a much closer look at what I already have. This is my project for Not Just Cards, a challenge where cards are welcome along with any other hand crafted project.
     I have some wooden lolly sticks in a pot on my desk and after a quick look at Pinterest this is what I decided to do with some of them. I didn't think to colour the sticks before I stuck them together, so had to do it carefully after the glue had set, this left me with a rustic look. With the addition of a short length of string my sledge was complete. I set this aside while I started on my MDF tag.
     The tag was painted with white acrylic, then dry brushed with some blue paint, making sure to work in one direction only.

     Once the paint was dry I added some True Snow paste with a palette knife to add a little texture, while still wet I sprinkled some white bio-degradable glitter on it for a dash of sparkle.
     The sledge was stuck on with 3D PVA, it's a great strong glue that dries clear and seems to stick almost everything porous. I found some very small polystyrene balls in my stash so I stuck some next to the sledge.
     The words were die cut using some Tim Holt dies and stuck on with the 3D PVA. To finish off the rather messy back of the tag I stuck on a piece of patterned paper, then sanded the edges off once dry. With the addition of some ribbon and a twine loop to hang by the MDF tag was complete.

Materials List   (available from your local craft shop)
S57447 - MDF Tag set of 3
S57433 - Bio-degradable Glitter - White
S57262 - 3D PVA Glue from Stix2


I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - Anything BUT A Card
The Holly & Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas Goes
Dragonfly Dreams - Christmas/Winter
Craft Rocket - Christmas/Winter

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is a brilliant idea, what a great wee sledge!! Thanks for inspiring me over on Fezziwigs, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rocky this is stunning. I just love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has come together beautifully!
    Lovely Christmas project!
    So pleased that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Craft Rocket Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.