52 Christmas Card Throwdown, the theme is eyelets.
Having invested in a Crop-A-Dile a few months ago I thought it was time to put it to good use. I have a set of stamps from Chocolate Baroque called Steampunk Christmas of which this tree is one.
The tree is stamped with Perfect Medium and Embossed with a Verdigris powder on to white pearl card, not such a good choice once all matted up so I have toned it down by using Distress Ink Old Paper to get more of a grungy look.
I have used two different sizes of eyelet, both came with the tool and a few tiny brads. The gems are also in two sizes just to add a little sparkle. The lovely gold star on the top of the tree is a brad sent to me by Ruth in a wonderful act of pure kindness, thank you Ruth.
The backing card is a lovely olive green run through an embossing folder called Victorian Fleur.
The green layer is matted on a small piece of chocolate pearl card and then an embossed gold card I picked up at a show before going on a chocolate pearl card blank. I have added some more gems to lift the colour a little. It is rather a masculine card because of my colour choice but I can think of two friends who would be happy to receive it so all is not lost. I think I'll try another one in silver and purple now.
Thursday 27 September 2012
Saturday 22 September 2012
Sizzix die - Tattered Flower Garland, Spellbinder die - Foliage, Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Aged Mahogany, Brushed Corduroy, Old Paper and Forest Moss, Archival Ink - Coffee,Cosmic Shimmer Glue - dries clear, Foundations Card - coconut white. Floral stamp - from Chocolate Baroque.
I covered the whole frame with this image because I liked it so much.
link. All four sizes are on the Tattered Flower Garland die from Sizzix, they are smaller versions of the flowers found on the Bigz die Tattered Florals and the leaves on Tattered Leaves. Now you can make lots of different sized flowers that all look like they are from the same plant, it's great.
I made the frame with the flower cluster at the top left so that if I decide to change the picture it will also stand portrait without looking odd as the flowers will then be at the bottom.
I hope you will try using your paper craft skills for projects other than cards, there's so much possibility, start now for Christmas presents!
Monday 10 September 2012
The deer is a Sizzix die cut out of brown glitter paper that I stuck on to card. I didn't do so well as I stuck him on to white card then I had to colour the edges with a Promarker to get rid of the white, better planning next time!
The deer is stuck on to red card using foam pads. The red gem was stuck on his nose with Cosmic PVA. I used a Fiskars corner punch that has tiny snowflakes on it with cream card to get three different shapes of snowflake, then I stuck a tiny gem in the middle of each one. The snowflake on the rosette was coloured with a Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate teardrop inkpad, the ink wipes off the gem easily.
The rosette in made using the smallest size of Tim Holtz Sizzix Rosette Die. The cream layer is the actual size of the die strip but the red layer has been cut down by a few millimetres before assembly to show a cream border when completed. The Happy Christmas is a tiny peel off coloured with a brown permanent marker.
The whole picture was then layered onto cream card and then back onto red.
52 Christmas Card Challenge - colour challenge, brown, red and cream
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Sparkle and bling , glitter and gems
Sunday 2 September 2012
Here as promised is The Boot. It began life a long time ago as a lovely new work boot but when it's work was done I thought it should have a new life.
J&C Creations challenge this month is Try Something Different, so I did. I decided that as distress and grunge are so in vogue at the moment I would go the other way.
With the exception of one sequin covered flower they are all die cut from metal, card and fabric using a range of Sizzix and Spellbinder dies.
The green layer is a mix of various shades of acrylic paint and some Cosmic Shimmer misters.
The large purple and blue flower in the bottom left corner is the only metal one I made, it's coloured with alcohol inks.
The large pink flower with the button in the middle is fabric stuck on double sided sticky sheet then on to card and cut out. The netting is also die cut with a card flower in the middle and a gingham brad.
The butterfly is the only stamped item on the boot. Stamped and embossed then coloured with Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours.I used a flower stamen folded in half and stuck behind his head to give him antenna.
Everything is stuck on with Cosmic Shimmer PVA dries clear glue, it's amazing stuff, much stronger than it looks!
The whole project has taken a few weeks to complete but it has been fun. Oh and it has a jam jar inside so you can use it to store your brushes or put flowers in it!
I would like to enter my boot in the challenge over on Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Handmade Flowers. When you see the creations people have come up with you'll be amazed. I don't enter to win, I just want to share because it was so much fun making something different.
So go on and Try Something Different!