This is a tale of two stories becoming a single storey, dwellings for Fairies. The tale is rather picture heavy but like any estate agent I want to show you the best features of the property.
begin a new challenge today, anything altered as long as it's not a card or an ATC. These two books and the bread board came from local charity shops, I've also tried to use as much scrap from stash as possible.
The two paperback books where different sizes so I ended up with two sizes of house. The fold is quite simple and can be found on Pinterest or You Tube, just make sure you have a book with enough pages.
To make the chimney I rolled a spare page from another book, cut the base at an angle to fit on the roof and curled a punched circle to make the cone on top. The ridge cap is a Kusudama flower again made from a book page. All these bits are stuck on with hot glue as they need a strong bond.
The door and window frames are cut from a scrap of Kraft card, the door is stamped with a woodgrain effect. The windows have curtains made using a punched circle and then a black piece of card covers the gap that is left, again stuck on with hot glue.
The bread board had quite a few cuts in it so I sanded it down a bit and polished it. The path is made by masking off the required area and using texture paste through a stencil.
The path was coloured once dry using Distress Inks and a marker pen. I used some modelling flock to make the grass, so that it didn't make it tricky to stick the houses down I tried to avoid where they would go by using dies taped down as a guide.
The flock, in two shades of green, is stuck down with PVA glue, there are some small bits between the stones of the path too. When dry I sprayed the whole area with a firm hold hairspray just to make sure it was stuck and wouldn't shed.
I stuck the large house on to the base first using hot glue, then lined up the small house and stuck that down too.
The flowers are die cut using a small Sizzix die and rolled into a rose type flower, The edges have been tinted pink with a Koi watercolour pen. The foliage with the flowers is another die, this time from Couture Creations and coloured with a green Koi pen.
The ivy is die cut with a Marianne die and coloured before removing it from the die. There is ivy up both houses but it has grown across the roof of the large house and around the chimney.
There is a small group of flowers at the back of the large house just to finish it off.
If you enjoy being creative with left overs, recycling items or just altered art in general then please come and join us at Altered Eclectics
I would like to enter these Fairy houses in the following challenges: