Saturday 7 November 2020

Gnomemade Christmas Tree


     This card was inspired by two friends, it was Jenny's idea to make a tree with these stamps and Val's amazing hand sewn gnome that really set the colour scheme, thank you ladies.
     I started by stamping each of the six gnomes on to Stix2 masking sheet and cutting them out. Then I stamped the centre gnome, masked him and stamped his two friends beside him.
     The piece of card I stamped on was quite large so I had plenty of room to play around with the images. I continued to stamp and mask until all six gnomes had been used and my tree shape was formed.
     I left the card for a while to make sure that all the ink was completely dry before I removed the masks, I knew it was likely that anything was still wet I would smudge it and have to start all over again.
     There were a few tiny gaps in the stamping where I hadn't got the mask exactly right, this was put right with a black micron pen.     
     To colour the image I used alcohol markers, with having spare card around the image I was able to try out the pens to make sure I was happy with the shade I'd chosen.
     I added a tiny bell to the top of each hat by sewing through the card. This did make matting and layering a little tricky because of the lumps, but it all worked out and meant my thread was all hidden.
     To add the greeting I die cut various phrases and chopped them about until I got 'gnomemas', I wanted something a bit different for this card.
     I shall have a play and make some variations using these cute little gnomes, as they can be any colour a gnome is not just for Christmas.


Materials List   (available from your local craft shop)
CTJJ143 - Gnomes by Two Jays
S57268 - Masking sheet
S57262 - 3D PVA Glue from Stix2


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas
Send a Smile For Kids - Happy Holidays/Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft - Anything Coloured
Craft Rocket - Christmas/Winter
Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Family and Friends
The 12 Months of Christmas - #71 For The Boys
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas 

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely card. I like that you merged the images and that fantastic sentiment. The bells on the gnomes' hats are a lovely touch too. Thank you for entering the For The Boys Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rocky this is such a cute card. I do love those gnomes. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gnome tree is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.