Friday 27 March 2020

Leaf It Out


     Through all this chaos us crafters seem to be pulling together very well, an example to others I think. There are lots of Facebook Live videos, the craft channels are still broadcasting and lots of wonderful independent shops are hosting challenges or posting tutorials. The only thing I would like to see is a few more blog posts for those not on Facebook.
      This tag was made for a challenge set by a local craft shop, the theme this week was leaves. It's just a bit of fun and a nice way for us to stay in touch, but it's only on Facebook. For those of you out there that are not all over social media I would heartily recommend trying some of the blog challenges you can find listed on Paper Playful.
     This tag started as cream card, die cut with a Sizzix Bigz die. Using Distress Inks I coloured the tag with three shades of green and one brown. The droplets were stamped in Versafine black over the Distress Ink, then using a water brush I lifted the colour out of the droplets to lighten them.
      I ran the tag through a leaf vein embossing folder while still a little damp so I would get crisper creases. To get the gold across the veins I used gilding wax applied with the back of a blending foam square. Two things I learnt when doing this were the hard foam gives a great cover on raised areas only (thanks Dot) and if it does get on the card in the wrong place a glue eraser will get it off.
      The foliage was die cut from dark green card to go with the tatty white daisy, the centre of which was made using Flowersoft. I was going to put three daisies on but that didn't look right as the tag is quite short.
      Each tiny droplet has a white highlight spot added with a gel pen, I thought it looked alright at that point but still a bit flat, lightbulb moment, then I added Glossy Accents to each drop and now they look like real raindrops. The raindrops on a leaf is something I have had floating around in my head for ages, the first one didn't look too good so that's been filed for resurrection at a later date, throw nothing away unless it's a total disaster. To finish off I coloured a length of cotton ribbon with the same Distress Inks, dried it with a heat gun and added it to the top of the tag.

Time to Bash The Stash.

Materials List    Mostly available from your local craft shop
Sizzix Bigz die 38-0946   (very old)
Distress Inks - Sage, Olive, Moss, Corduroy.
Stamp - Water Effects 1 Designs By Ryn
Stamp Press
Versafine Onyx Black
JND118 - Tatty Daisy die
Creative Expressions - Evergreen Branches
Flowersoft - yellow   (also very old)
Strong PVA Glue
Embossing folder - Leaf Vein 8x8 Crafters Companion
Glossy Accents
Pebeo Gilding Wax - Empire Gold


I would like to enter this tag in the following challenges:
Stamping Sensations - Spring Florals
Use Your Stuff - Spring
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Rocky! I love the droplets - so lifelike along with the daisy!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.