Sunday 1 March 2020

Blossom Heart


     With several anniversaries this month I made another card using the heart shaped Media Plate from John Next Door. This time I used John's idea with the Blossom flowers, it came out better then I expected.
     Using my stamp press I loaded it with a piece of white card, covered the card with the acetate grid sheet (to keep the card clean) and positioned the media plate on top and closed the lid to pick up the media plate. I then positioned the die cut flowers across where the heart shape would print.
      Using two shades of red pigment Izink I inked up the media plate and used a brayer to blend them on the plate. I closed the stamp press and printed the heart over the flowers, then opened it up, removed the flowers and without re-inking closed the stamp press and stamped again to get more definition around the flowers.
     I used the ink pads and a finger dauber to go around the edge of the media plate and stamped it again, this adds an edge to the shape and gives the appearance of dimension.
     I also added a tiny butterfly shadow using a stencil made from a die cut, Versamark and pearl mica powder.
     To get a matching mat layer I used the red inks to colour around the edge of a white mat. Once dry I layered up the heart panel on the mat and then onto the white card blank.
     I added the die cut flowers to the heart panel and stuck a tiny gem in each flower, red on the white flowers and white on the red ones. All that was left to add was a tiny black die cut butterfly and stamp in black the words 'Love is...'.
     I like this technique, John said it was easy and he's right, it also adds something a little different to using a media plate.


Materials List    Available from your local craft shop
JLGP006 Media Plate - Heart
JND113 Blossom Die
JND0013 Everyday Sentiments
Pigment Inks
Versafine Black
Versamark
Pearl Mica Powder
Stamp Press

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Creative Knockouts - Dis Cuts/Punches
A Perfect Time To Craft - Anything Goes
Creations In Pink - Anything Goes In Mainly Pink
     Die Cut Divas - Anything With A Die Cut

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Delightful color and lots of depth. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the March "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and heart.
    Thank you for sharing in Creations in Pink. Danka DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely valentines card or wedding card. Thank you for joining us at A Perfect Time to Craft. Karen Neil DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.