Sunday 15 March 2020

Media Plate Meets Two Jays


      This is one of the samples made for John Next Door using Two Jays new stamps, this stamp is called Flax. The new stamps are taken from vintage wood blocks so the flowers are as they used to be many years ago, some look very different now.
      I have to confess I have a small stack of media plate backgrounds already made, it's easy to make a few extra when everything is set up. The colours on this one seemed just right for the image when stamped in black.
      I trimmed the image panel and used a corner punch to add a little detail, this was also done to the black mat layer. The corners looked a little empty and knowing that if I stamped the corner detail three would be perfect but the last one would not, I resorted to using peel offs. Only having this style in silver meant I needed to get creative with my Sharpie pens, there is still a hint of silver visible but I think that adds to the classic style that started with the image.
      The centre of the flower has a small dazzler style embellishment, again coloured black with a Sharpie, alcohol ink markers work well on gems and peel offs but a Sharpie seems to be just a tad more solid in colour. Mounted on a 7x5 white card blank finished it off, I didn't add a greeting on the outside as I feel it is fine as it is.


Materials List    Available from your local craft shop
JLGP006 Media Plate - Oval
CTJJ123 Flax - Two Jays clear stamp
Pigment Inks
Versafine Black
Stamp Press
Hard Brayer


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
A Gem Of A Challenge - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
The Paper Funday - Anything Goes/ optional St.Patricks Day


3 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card Rocky. The background colours are so rich looking too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, looks awesome! I love the vintage look!
    Thanks for playing along with us this month.
    Regina DT-Member of Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.