Thursday 22 August 2019

Two Jays Blue Bauble


     This is my second card using a new stamp by Two Jays - Festive Farm. It's very similar to the kraft card I made earlier but I had a few hiccups with this one.
     For this one I used another bauble die to cut my own stencil, this time a different shape.
     I used the duster brush and a sponge to add white ink to the card and as before stamped the image with the stencil still in place, this was because the image is slightly larger than the bauble shape, using a dark blue ink.
     Once the ink was dry I drew around the inside of the bauble shape with a white pen. Then with the same pen I added accent to the image for the snow.
     I used the same die bow as before but this time in silver, a ribbon bow would be better if the card is to be sent through the post.

     Now this is where I had a hiccup, I die cut a greeting and stuck it on the bottom of the card......it did not go well!
     I removed the greeting but damaged the card in the process. I didn't want to waste the card when it was almost complete but how was I going to get out of this mess.
     The usual remedy for a smudge or mark is to 'stick a butterfly on it', but that wouldn't work for this one.
     I die cut a tatty banner in the same dark blue card I had used for layering, it was just the right size to cover the hiccup but I didn't have a stamp small enough to go on it......good thing I've still got a few peel offs in my stash. Mounted on foam pads it goes across the bottom of the card covering the little tear perfectly, the only down side is it does cover the point at the bottom of the bauble......nobody will ever know why!!


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Christmas Ornaments
Cute N' Crafty Christmas - Anything Christmas
Creative Craft Cottage - Christmas


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I used to love the scene ornaments my parents had on the tree growing up. This reminds me so much of them. I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Narelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Rocky. Looks so beautiful too. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CUTE N CRAFTY CHRISTMAS challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.