Tuesday 20 August 2019

Baubles....Soon Be Christmas


     This card is made with one of the new stamps by Two Jays- Festive House. I love Kraft card, especially when teamed up with white.
     To begin with I die cut a large bauble in medium weight tracing paper to use as a stencil, I have kept the cut out for another project. One of my crafty friends showed me how to do this technique with slightly smaller stencils but the idea is just the same.
     Using white pigment ink, a duster brush and a make up sponge I added ink to the kraft card through the stencil. I kept the middle a bit darker than the top and bottom. Before removing the stencil I stamped my image in dark brown ink, the image is a little bigger than the bauble so keeping the stencil in place made sure I didn't go over the outside edge.
     The last thing to do before removing the stencil was to go around the inside edge with a white pen to highlight the shape. With the stencil removed I then added white pen to the house, trees and ground to accent the snow.
     Once dry the image panel was matted with white and added to a kraft card blank. With the addition of a white die cut bow at the top and greeting at the bottom it was complete.
     Quite simple and almost totally flat, when posting a ribbon bow may be better, as it will bounce back after opening.



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Christmas Ornaments
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas / optional for a female
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional "For a Lady or a Girl" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a stunning card I love it. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog for the current challenge the theme is “Ornaments” and the sponsor is LeAnn’s World 101. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.