Monday 5 August 2019

Deer Forest


      Wow, I never thought I'd be able to say 'As Seen On TV' but his one was this morning. I'm so happy it made the grade and so grateful for the opportunity to work with John.
      I started by stamping Woodland Deer on a piece of white card using Versafine black. I stamped the image twice, which is easy when using a stamp platform and a clear stamp.
     For this card I needed a 5 1/4 inch square which meant the deer appeared twice, I didn't want that so I covered the second deer with a die cut pine tree before cutting out my square. The only colouring on this was the deer, I tried one fully coloured but it was too busy for a background.
      My box card started as two pieces of white card 5.5 x 10.5 inches long, both scored at 1.5, 2.5, 8 & 9 inches. The front piece has a square window cut in it ready for decoration.
      I stuck the stamped background in the centre of the back panel and creased the panel ready for the die cut trees. Using the Woodland Tree die I cut a panel two cuts wide so it would fit across the centre of the box with spare to glue down. At this point I added a grazing deer from Deer Scenes 2019, coloured dark brown behind the trees.
      The centre tree panel is what holds the card as a square when finished so I had to measure, mark and then glue in place across my creased card.
     The two outer edges of the front card were embossed with a snowflake strip folder, it would look nice if the snowflakes had a little sparkle but I didn't manage it for this one.   
     Before sticking the front panel to the back I glued another tree die cut to the inside of the window and a stag from the Deer Scenes set, again coloured dark brown.
     I then glued front to back making sure to keep the box shape, this card will fold flat for posting but you have to be mindful of any decoration that sticks out beyond the edges, like the snowflake on this one. I used a corner chomper to round off the outer corners.
      There is a small die cut 'Peace' in silver glitter on the bottom left corner and a snowflake on the upper right. This snowflake was made using various die cuts in silver glitter card, white card and white shimmer card, all topped off with a small silver gem.
      There is ample room on the back to add any greeting or message you wish. As there is no mention of Christmas on the front this could be used as a winter decoration year after year.

Materials list 
  JNDC  C021 - Deer Scenes                                
  JND 141 - Woodland Trees      
  CTJJ106 - Woodland Deer

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas, optional Deer
              My Time To Craft - Christmas In July 
 Crafty Animals - Anything Goes With An Animal
Cute 'N' Crafty Christmas - Anything Christmas/Winter

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card, gorgeous design. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional "include a Reindeer" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card. So Stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece! I love how 3D and also versatile it is.
    Thank you for joining the Cute N Crafty Christmas challenge.
    Monica C. DT Cute N Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.