Wednesday 20 March 2019

Curious March Hare


     Some of you may know my thoughts on rabbits, so it's a good thing this one is a hare! These stamps are gorgeous and being silhouette they are perfect when you've made a special background.
     Another background made with the amazing splodge and Distress Oxides, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac and Broken China on white card.
     I stamped the hare, tree branch and fairy in Versafine black and set it aside for a few days while I had a think about mat layer colours.
     I die cut the image with my largest square die and then used a punch to take off the corners, I was going to cut this one out as a circle but I hadn't used a large enough piece of card.
     A little Broken China around the edge knocked back the white a little before going on a black mat layer. At this point I decided it was a bit too open in the bottom left corner and as I didn't want to add a greeting I went for some flowers instead.
     I found the perfect card to mat the next layer but as I only have a couple of sheets I though it would be good to cut out the centre and keep it for another project, once layered up you can't tell it's missing!
    To stay with the colour theme I die cut some tiny flowers in lilac card, shaped them and added them to the tree branch, with a tiny purple gem in each flower my card was complete.
     This one will sit in my card box until required, only then will a greeting be added inside.



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Cardz 4 Galz - March Hares     (Spotlight winner)
Die Cuttin' Divas - Cherry Blossom or Pink


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the dimension. Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Rocky. You made a lovely fairy scene. So sweet and the little flowers you put on the branch have a very nice effect. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, love your little fairy. Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Cardz Rocky. The silhouettes work so well against the splat/ splodge! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely! The background you made is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, I love how you created the purple background, a fabulous scene. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.