Wednesday 12 May 2021

Snow Tag


     This months challenge at Christmas Craft Creations is to make tags or ATCs. 
     I started by die cutting some mountboard with a Bigz die, I like working on this because is thick enough not to distort when using wet glue or paint.
     I was going to use paint, but when I started rummaging through my stash I found a nice offcut of blue scrapbook paper, so I glue3d this to the board, let it dry and then sanded the edges smooth.
     I stamped several different snowflakes across the tag and embossed them in white. To make a pretty edge I used some silver gilding wax, I've found the best way to apply this is using the back of a piece of blending foam, it's firmer than my fingers so it's easier to get a good finish.
     A tiny gem in the middle of each snowflake added some shine but it needed sparkle. Using non shed glitter card I die cut some snowflakes and stacked them on thin foam pads and added it to the corner of my tag.
     A small length of silver organza ribbon finished off the tag. I like the simplicity of this, I could have added lots more to it but I think it's fine as it is.


I would like to enter this tag in the following challenges:
ABC Christmas - J~Jewels / K~Kids
Sparkles Christmas - #124 Use A Tag     (Spotlight Win)
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - #541 Anything Christmas Goes
The Holly and Ivy - #94 Anything Christmas Goes
Merry Little Christmas - #34 Anything Christmas Goes

11 comments:

  1. Hi Rocky this is gorgeous I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rocky, this is so pretty! This color combo is one of my faves, and I love these delicate snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you find a use for paper off cuts! I thought the snowflakes were already part of the patterned paper so you’ve matched them perfectly. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEautiful! Love the glittery silver and the tiny rhinestones are a perfect touch. Thanks for playing along at Sparkles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag!! I love the embossed snowflakes and the huge sparkly one!!
    Thanks for playing along at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I love those stamped snowflakes - they seem to have a lot of lovely details - thanks for joining in with my Tag challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous tag - I love those snowflakes - they seem to have lots of lovely detail - what stamps were they? Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas challenge and be sure to check the blog when the month is over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very swirly one was from Personal Impressions and the others are a random mix collected over the years, glad you like them.

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your festive project with us over at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MLCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag - love the blue!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag with snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.