Monday 1 October 2018

Nina Journal, Birds Flyin' High


     A couple of months ago I began an art journal of sorts, these are the next few pages. My first page was used for Altered Eclectics DT so it seems only right that the next instalment should be for them also.
     I got so carried away with these pages that I forgot to take any pictures as I worked, I think you could say I was definitely 'in the zone' on this one. Following a theme has made my first foray into journaling a little easier, I have a rough idea of where I would like this to go.
     Distress inks over white card for the background got me started, then it was on to spritz and splatter for added detail. The doily was done using a stencil and Distress Oxides, as was the sun, these inks cover beautifully and having a mixture of the two types on the page adds to the effect.
     With the addition of birds and flowers the page was really coming together, all I needed to do now was to add the words. For the first few words of the song I used a Dymo tape machine and blue tape, for the repeated words I used some dies, I had to cut and edit them to make the words I wanted but once stuck down you can't see the joins.
     I am getting more adventurous with some of the pages, I have seen some stunning work out there which has given me inspiration, but as a slightly 'contained' crafter I still have a long way to go to let loose the inner creator.
     If you journal, make mixed media, anything but cards and ATC's then please come and join us Altered Eclectics and show us what you've created.


I would like to enter these pages in the following challenges:
We Love 2 Create - Anything Creative Mixed Media
Hiding In My Craftroom - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful art journal page Rocky. What a lovely project idea. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful art journaal and I like the colors
    Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at polkadoodles challange

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.