Wednesday 25 October 2017

Dark figures in The Male Room


   We have a new challenge at The Male Room and four new DT members to bring you even more inspiration. My card has a Halloween style but as us Brits don't really celebrate this festival I've tweaked it slightly.
   
     Recently I attended a workshop using the mini mixed media plates by John Nextdoor, Margaret showed us some basic techniques and lots of great effects. I came away full of inspiration and covered in ink!
     This circle is the result of building up layers of colour with a gorgeous effect made using bubble wrap. As it's all done on a stamp press it was easy to keep over stamping the same area, safe in the knowledge it would always be in the same place.
     The cat and mouse are Lavinia stamps, stamped twice in Versafine Black. Being able to stamp the cat twice meant I got a great coverage over the coloured circle, it's barely visible through him.
     Not having much use for a pure Halloween card I chose to stamp it with a Happy Birthday greeting by Woodware. This month there are several family birthdays so this is already on it's way.
     Please pop over and see the inspiration we have for you at The Male Room, including our four new team members.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Deep Ocean - Halloween   (F)
Show Us Your Pussies-Cats Only - Meow-loween   (M)
Try It On Tuesday - Circles   (F)

10 comments:

  1. WoW ! That is super cool. I love how you did the moon and the silhouettes are gorgeous.
    Thank you very much for coming to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card ist this! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday !
    Happy rest of the week for you!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your moon is amazing, Rocky. What a great pairing with your cat and mouse. It was fun designing with you. Thank you for having me. Tracie =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the contrast of the colors with the black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! The cat and mouse look so fun. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Rocky, I love this card! The moon is really fabulous - I love all the texture in it. The cat and mouse are so fun too and are perfect to silhouette against it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a wonderful card, the silhouette images look fantastic. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, love the silhouettes

    Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE how you have tweaked the Halloween to a birthday card, wish I had thought of that LOL. A Great idea, LOVE the card, it's perfect for the season.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card - really bold and bright. It's a fab birthday card. They're gorgeous silhouette images. xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.