Wednesday 3 May 2023

Embossing With The Paper Funday

 

     Welcome to my contribution to this month's The Paper Funday Challenge, this month our twist is Embossing - Hot or Dry, or both if you wish.
     I chose to dry emboss with a Tim Holtz embossing folder - Elegant. I have inherited a large craft stash for my mum so it seemed right to use some of it on this project, Clarity papers caught my eye but I can't tell you which set it comes from, sorry.
     There were a few areas of damage on the piece I chose, so I cut it down to a 4inch square and ran it through the embossing folder. I have a Bigshot so for my machine I used the base plate, the folder and one clear plate, the 3D folders are much thicker than the ordinary ones so you'll need to adjust your sandwich according to your machine.
     Once embossed I used a little silver Pebeo gilding wax on a hard foam pad to add highlight to the raised areas. I left it for a few minutes then gave it a gentle buff with a soft cloth to get a nice shine.
     I wanted to have a coloured mat layer under my patterned paper but nothing in my stash was the right shade, so I made my own. I cut a square of white card and used an alcohol marker to colour the edges, no need to do the whole card as only the edge will be seen.
     After sticking the embossed topper to the mat layer I then cut another mat layer in silver paper and mounted that underneath on foam tape.
     Once stuck onto the white card blank I went in search of a suitable greeting. My card stash needs lots more birthday cards so after a little rummage I found some greeting toppers, the birthday one wasn't quite right so I used a Best Wishes instead. Mounted on foam tape and tucked in the top corner finished this card off and with the colour scheme it could be for a man or a woman.
     If you haven't been to The Paper Funday then please pop over and take a look at all the lovely inspiration you'll find there, then come and join us with your project.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Paper Players - PP638 Tic-Tac-Toe  (last row down)
Can You Handle The Pressure - Anything Goes Embossing     (Top Winner)
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - #2317 Anything Goes     (Honourable mention)
Love To Craft - #74 Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. The background is dreamy and reminds me of a Van Gogh piece. Thanks for a wonderful card for this months’ challenge at the Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful colours, on this gorgeous embossed background, this will be a treat for anyone's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing: just using colours and an embossingfolder for making this gorgeous card. I love it!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Can You Handle the Pressure
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool! I can't stop looking at it--so much movement and color, it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really beautiful Rocky - I love Clarity's papers & the gilding on your embossed areas is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your card at Love to Craft Challenge
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.