Thursday 21 January 2021

Mandala Media Mashup


     Three cards from one use of the media plate makes best use of time and ink. John Next Door has some new dies coming out this week, I have used the mandala die, a media plate and some Craft Artist inks for these.
     To start I die cut a mandala from thin card to use as a stencil, you can cut out the layers of this mandala but I chose to skip the inner solid dies for a 'doily' effect.
     Using the circular media plate I placed the stencil on the plate and added ink using a hard brayer. I closed the stamp press upside down so the stencil didn't fall off, then turned it over and pressed gently over the plate. The first impression was patchy but once stamped again without the stencil in place it fills in the missing areas and looks much better.
    
     I used the media plate twice to make two images, one for this post and one for John to use on Hochanda.
     So then I had two circular images, an inked mandala and a brayer clean off scrap. This is something I probably wouldn't have thought of without both John and Eileen mentioning how useful your run off scraps can be.

    
     For this one I used the same inks and a blending brush to add colour to the edge of the image panel. I then stamped an old Woodware seed head in black, along with a simple birthday greeting.
     To pick out the black and ground the seed heads I matted with a thin black layer before going on a white 6x6 card blank.
     
     This one was a small piece of white card that I pressed the stencil on to to get the ink off, then I cut up the stencil and glued it on to the corners of the white square.
     Just the word 'smile' in black was enough for this one, a thin black mat to frame it and then on to a 4x4 card blank.
     
     The run off card I used was from a small stash of scraps, I cut a 3inch square from it. It looked like a snow scene so I stamped it with some trees and a few deer in black, then flicked a white Posca pen over it for light snowfall.
     Again I have used a black mat layer to frame the image before gluing it to another 4x4 card blank.





     Now I have a birthday card, a general use card and a Christmas card all from one session with the media plate. I also have a whole bundle of run off scraps from the printing plate comparisons made in the previous post, so there will be lots of small cards in my stash this year.


I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:
AAA Birthday - Use A Stencil
Simon Says Stamp Weds - Make Your Own Background
Happy Little Stampers Stencil - Anything Using A Stencil
Love To Craft - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampers -#52 Snow / Winter
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas     Top 5
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Hi Rocky your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love the soft pink abd pretty scenes you've created. Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Challenges, hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work with your media plate and mandela! Three great cards. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely backgrounds- that deer scene is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning. Love the design and soft colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Rocky! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - I love that you created your own stencil! The birthday card is just gorgeous. I like how you used black for the flowers, sentiment and mat. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A trio of gorgeous cards; love the soft palette! Thank you for sharing these in the HLS Stencil Challenge gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all lovely cards!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous use of that amazing color 3 very different ways, well done! We sure do appreciate you sharing your art with us at Love to Craft and hope to see you again soon! XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.