Wednesday 6 February 2019

I've Got My Eye On You


       Just before Christmas a crafting friend showed me how to make some amazing backgrounds with a 'Splatter' stamp, I loved it so much I had to get the same stamp, now I've gone splatter crazy!

      This stamp, from Inkylicious, has the ability to hold colour without beading, allowing all manner of colourful backgrounds. For this one I used Distress Oxide inks with a touch of Brilliance Lightning Black on the outside edges, a spritz of water and a bit of a tilt round to mix it up before stamping on white card. This was stamped using a stamp platform, I also found that sometimes it's better to close the bottom onto the lid so the colourful inky background stays put.
      Once dry it went back on the stamp platform so I could add Simmi, the gorgeous eye stamp from Lavinia. A platform is a must for silhouette type stamps as well as anything large, if you miss a bit you can re-ink and stamp again. This was embossed in black gloss to help keep the pen colour used on the eye within the lines.   
     The Iris was coloured with watercolour pencils and the white of the eye was done with a white Sharpie. Small gems have been stuck along the eyebrow pattern to add a little sparkle.
     I used a large square die to cut the image panel, then I rounded the corners before going around the whole panel with a little Broken China Distress Ink. A simple black mat layer framed the image before going on to a wider blue layer on a white 7x7 card blank.
     This splatter measures about 5.5 inches, so it would have gone on a smaller card if I hadn't added a couple of layers, but as it just about goes as standard post then I'm happy with it. There will be lots more of these backgrounds, it's so much fun playing around with colour combinations and no two are ever the same.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Watercolour Wednesday - Anything Feminine Goes
International Art & Soul - Make Your Own Background

4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely stunning creation. I love it!

    Thanks for joining us at International Art and Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fascination! Love the background. It is perfect for your beautiful detailed eye. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This eye caught my eye... absolutely stunning card, the combination of colours and stamps is so beautiful. I have the Lavinia stamp...haven't got around to using it yet but this has inspired me!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning, Rocky! I love that background. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.