Thursday 1 November 2018

Feather Tree In The House Of Cards


     The new challenge at House Of Cards is to use gold and pearl accents, I have also tried to use some of the inspirational colours on the swatch on this Christmas card.
     I was shown the most gorgeous tree made with Lavinia's feather stamp, I have tried to make something similar but it isn't as pretty as the one I saw, I'll just have to keep trying!
     This one is stamped and embossed in gold on cream card, the edges are coloured with Distress Old Paper and I have tried to give the tree a little ground to stand on too.
     The image was then matted and layered with dark blue and gold before going on a cream 7x5 card blank. I left the addition of the pearls until the image panel was mounted so I could still get it in my trimmer.
     After adding the pearls I had to make a small organza bow as I didn't have one ready made, I coloured white ribbon with an alcohol marker and then used a fork to tie my bow, again something that I need to practice more! Although I used an alcohol marker I still didn't want to use wet glue...just incase, it's been one of those weeks...so I used a small glue dot to fix the bow on the card.
     A relatively simple card to make with a gorgeous feather stamp, two uses for this stamp so far and counting, don't you just love value for money.
     Please come and join us at House Of Cards with you creations, they don't have to be Christmas cards, any occasion as long as you follow the theme.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Christmas At Sweet Stampin' - Anything Christmas Goes
Cardz 4 Guyz - Into The Woods
Sparkles Christmas - Embossing Heat or Dry
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes

8 comments:

  1. How elegant and stunning, like the touch of deep blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever and very opulent! Love this. Thank you for entering our Christmas challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin', your entry is gorgeous. Come back and play along again with us next month too. Hugs, Wends xoxo CaSS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This elegant feather makes a perfectly gorgeous Christmas tree. Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just beautiful - so elegant. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a clever idea to take a feather as a Christmas tree! ....and all these gold and pearl accents make your card splendid! The tiny blue bow is a very nice detail.
    Hugs, Rosi (HOC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rocky, this is stunning! It's perfect for Christmas and the challenge, and I love the pop of blue too.
    Hugs,
    Em, HoC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a stunning tree feather, lol! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stylish and striking card! Thank you so much for joining our Embossing Challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this month and I do hope you'll join us again soon, Love Jacky x
    Sparkles Xmas DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.