Saturday 1 September 2018

Colourful House Of Cards


    A new month means a new challenge at the House Of Cards, this time our theme is birthday and/or the colour swatch.
     I wanted to try and get the strips of colour down my card like the ones in the photo, so I raided my stencil stash and found a bubble one by Dutch Doobadoo that was just right.
     Then came the colours, no ones that I would go for normally but that's what a challenge is all about so Distress Oxides to the rescue. Using a finger dauber I coloured the strips of bubbles, making sure not to cross contaminate the colours.
     The letters are die cut in dark brown pearl card, using a narrow ruler for a guide I stuck them on to fit diagonally across the card. I also had a search through my gems and accents draw and came up with some enamel accents that almost match the inks, a few placed here and there and the front panel was complete.
     The panel has a narrow mat layer in the same dark brown card as the letters, stuck on to a white card blank and all was finished.
     Please come and join us at the House Of Cards with your birthday themed cards, just use the photo and/or the colour swatch to get you started.

September - House Of Cards


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Cardz 4 Galz - Beautiful Backgrounds 
Seize The Birthday - Rainbows


6 comments:

  1. Stunning card and great take on the challenge photo! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cheerful background! The colors you chose make it so happy and festive - perfect for a birthday. Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, I love the colorful stenciled background! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge - brilliant stencilling!
    Super make for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your strips of colorful bubbles. So very different and wonderful. This is a fun card. Thanks so very much for sharing with is at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rocky, it's perfect! I love the enamel accents too.
    Hugs,
    Em, HoC Teamie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.