Wednesday 15 August 2018

The Male Room Goes Wild


     We are still in the party spirit at The Male Room after our 5th Birthday, the new theme is 'Wild and Free', you have two weeks to make a masculine project following this theme if you'd like to come and join us.
     I was given this Woodware stamp by a good friend, it was just perfect for this theme, thanks Jenny.
     I stamped the image three times on white card using Memento Rich Cocoa because I wanted to decoupage my lion. Having three images to choose from meant I could use the best one for the base layer and the others for the head and face.
     I only coloured the areas I would need to cut out, but I did colour all of those areas so no white would be seen underneath when the card was tilted.
     The image is coloured with alcohol markers, that's why I used Memento ink. Once cut out I went around the edges with the lightest marker to cover any white card that may be showing.
     The head and face are layered on foam pads to lift them, but it will still pass as standard post.
     It looked better on Kraft card than on a white card blank but it needed a shot of colour, so I used the second darkest marker on a piece of white card to make a mat layer. With the addition of the 'Go Wild' sentiment the card was complete.
     Please come and join us at The Male Room with your wild masculine creations, we'd love to see them.




I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Dream Valley - Animals   (F)
Cute N Crafty - Animals   (F)
The Library - Jungle Book  (F)  (may not qualify as no lions in Jungle Book)


5 comments:

  1. Wow - this lion king looks magnificent! Love the depth on the image - perfect for the challenge. Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that lion! Great card:) Come try out for our team! Thank you for entering in CuteNCrafty Challenge Blog
    CuteNCrafty Mommy
    Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I like how you did the decoupage for the depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It qualifies! For The Library Challenge you can be inspired by the cover, the story or the title - lions are the 'kings of the jungle' so definitely fit. I do love the dimension you've created and the lovely shades of colour on the mane. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.