Wednesday 7 June 2017

The Male Room Goes Off The Edge


     This fortnights challenge at The Male Room is to make a masculine project containing something 'off the edge'.   I have a set of matching stamps and dies from Stephanie Barnard called Lightbulb 2 Stamp that I have been itching to use, so this was the ideal opportunity.
     I lightly marked the centre fold on black card large enough to make an A6 card when folded in half. I then stamped and gold embossed the lightbulb so it was half over the fold line.
     I placed the die over the lightbulb and secured it with a little masking tape, then when I put it through my cutting machine I lined up the end of the top plate with the centre fold line of my card. By doing this it will only cut the top half of the bulb because that's the only place the pressure is sufficient to cut.
   
     I didn't like the stamped centre of the lightbulb so I stamped it again on neon card and cut it out, then stuck it over the previous bulb. This one has got glow-in-the-dark embossing powder over black ink but it's very difficult to photograph the glow.
     The sentiment comes in the same set, this I cut out of the card front, then lined the front panel with more neon card. To get the letter centres stuck in the right place I put the sentiment back in the hole while I stuck the loose bits down and took it out after they were set. The inside back of the card is lined with white card so it can be written in more easily.
     The Male Room challenge runs for two weeks so after you've had a look at the DT inspiration please come and join us with your project.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Shopping Our Stash - Dude...masculine   (W)
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes   (W)
Crafty Cardmakers - For A Man or Boy   (F)
Simon Says Stamp - Masculine  (W)


6 comments:

  1. WOW, LOVE this, it must have a great effect with glow in the dark powder, love the neon.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super creative and cute... love the colors, and this could be used for a child or an adult. Well done, and thank you for linking also at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! Love the neon colours that match the sentiment and image so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for our theme at Crafty Carmakers and a lovely sentiment too. Good luck with the challenge. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very original. Love the deep blue with this neon yellow combo. Great idea! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our DUDE challenge!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.