Wednesday 9 November 2016

Mad Male Room Science


     Our new challenge at The Male Room is science, so anything masculine with a scientific theme would be perfect, cards, layouts or mixed media.
      I found this little scientist as a free digi so I printed him on white card and coloured him in with Graph-It markers. I have added Glossy Accents to his glasses and the flask in his hand. I tried another version with coloured hair but it didn't look right so this gentleman's hair stays white.
     With a white gel pen I wrote two chemical formulae on a rectangle of black card, then using Distress Ink Picket Fence I smudged over the card to make it look like chalk residue. This is stuck flat on to the Kraft car blank with the scientist fussy cut and mounted on foam pads in front of it.
     The greeting is a series of chemical symbols on small white squares used to spell Best Wishes, I tried Happy Birthday but it was very long and didn't look as good.
     It's been an education making this card, something I shall do again I think, chemistry wasn't one of my best subjects at school but it has been fascinating revisiting the subject.
     Come and join us at The Male Room with your masculine science projects, we have lots of inspiration on the blog to help get you started.

The Male Room  #48

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Digital Delights - Anything Goes
Pencil Case - Anything Goes
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Anything Goes (optional twist Christmas)

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Rocky. Your main character is GREAT! The sad part is I recognise the Benzilic acid and Theobromine....lol
    Hugs
    Buffy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! Love those letter tiles, bit like scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! You rocked this challenge. I think your mad scientist is awesome, he kind of reminds me of Einstein! Buffy and I are chemistry nerds - and she remembers their names too! I really like way you created the greeting. Fabulous work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocky it's an fantastic card
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! WOW! and WOW! how fabulous is this card? Love your interpretation of Science.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Beautiful card you made and I like the funny image :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant card, fab for a guy! Thanks for joining in at Digital Delights, good luck hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kool men's card! Jackie DT at Digistampsforjoy.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.