Wednesday 6 January 2016

Male Room Music


      We begin the New Year with an Anything Masculine Goes challenge at The Male Room. With several birthday cards needed soon this was an ideal chance to play with some new stash.

     Starting with a piece of watercolour card I stamped and clear embossed some bubble type images, then stamped and embossed in black the guitar player from Visible Image.
     Not having done much with Brusho's yet this was a chance to play. The image on this card is not the first one that I made but it is the better one of three, I think the first was a little heavy on water and colour as it came out dark and buckled.
     For this one I sprinkled the powders on to dry card, dry on the top but a little spritz underneath to stop it curling up later. Once I had dropped colour powder where I wanted it I spritzed with a water containing a small amount of pearl mica powder. The paint activated and spread, this time I tried the 'less is more' approach so my pools didn't all run into each other.
     Once dry I carefully cleaned off the white bubbles with a cotton bud to remove the colour, I had to be careful not to touch the painted area with a damp bud and drag colour back on. I think I shall have to spend some more time playing around with these powders, I've seen some great artwork done with them.
     The image panel is trimmed and mounted on black card before being mounted on a white card blank stamped with music using a grey ink. The black bubbles are die cut from gloss card so they match the guitarist. There is no greeting as yet, this will be added when I know who it's going to.
     Please come and join us at The Male Room, we have lots of varied inspiration to help you get back into the craft zone.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Guyz - Anything But Square    (top 3)
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes



12 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Are your powders similar to color burst powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Brusho are described as 'highly pigmented water colour ink powder'

      Delete
  2. I think this is stunning! I love the effect you get with the Brushos (mine should be arriving tomorrow!). I do like the embossed image too. Great work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, love the background with all its colours, fits the image so well. Not heard of Brushos, will have to search the net to find out more.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite stamps! And it looks amazing against those vivid brusho colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic result with your Brusho's. I had a play this last week too. Loving your card, so bright and strong, perfect for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog, amazing cards!
    Good luck!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh those Brusho's, I am gonna have to break down, if i keep seeing cards as awesome as your's Rocky!! Happy 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius way to do your card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card - great background and the black image looks so effective too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love your brusho background and that's a great image.

    Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.