Thursday 10 October 2013

Nativity Sketch

     Christmas isn't that far away now so if you haven't made many cards yet have a look at some of the great challenges in blogland, there's lots of really good inspiration out there.
     My inspiration this week comes from three different sites. It started with a sketch, a nativity scene and the use of stars and stripes.
     I have used mainly blues which were in the nativity photo inspiration, beginning with a blue stripe backing paper on a white card. The star panels are white embossed card but as the stars looked a little dull I have used a silver glitter pen to colour them. Each panel in matted on to blue card, they seemed to disappear into the stripes without it.
     The main image is a Dufex sticker that's been in my Christmas stash for ages and was crying out to be used before it started to curl up. It's mounted on white and blue card then stuck on top of the star panels on foam pads to lift it.
     I have tried to use everything from stash as my storage space is bursting, call it my end of year resolution! Thank you for taking the time to drop in, I do appreciate it as I know how busy this time of year can get.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Photo inspiration, Nativity
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Stars and Stripes


10 comments:

  1. I do like the pretty silver stars and the lovely texture in the image. A very pretty Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO lovely, Rocky! LOVE that star paper--perfect to compliment the image! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card has a real Christmas feel about it just beautiful. I know what you mean about trying to use up your stash mine is bursting out of the craft room door.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Rocky, I love the blue and white combo and the stars look so twinkly after your glitter pen highlights! Kudos to you for using up stash items! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT again, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for both CHNC challenges. You could also enter this into the Crafting Musketeers challenge 6: Christmas in October - would love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very beautiful Rocky! I love that gorgeous focal image and the embossing. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful take on our sketch challenge. Love your cool blue colour combo and though I'm not sure what a Dufex sticker is, it sure looks good! Thank you for playing along at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you doctored up the stars, and the image is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That main image is beautiful and captures every bit of what Christmas is about. Love how you incorporated all the 3 main challenges including our challenge at Holly Jolly. I am sure this card will be well received this Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us this week Rocky and we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful Christmas card, I love that you added silver glitter to the stars, it really does make them stand out beautifully. I really must make a start on my Christmas cards.... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.