Tuesday 15 January 2013

Gilded Gem Tree

Another play with the new gilding flakes resulted in this silvery tree. I had to pick out the flakes carefully this time because I only wanted silver, not too hard as most of the pot is silver with only a few other colours mixed in.
I began by colouring white card with Distress Ink Shaded Lilac and a shaving brush. I've been thinking about getting some of those lovely dusting brushes I've seen available but thought I'd try a shaving brush I picked up in a charity shop first, I love the effect and think I might try and find some more shaving brushes at 50p each!!  I then added Seedless Preserve and Shaded Lilac to the card to give it depth, SP and SL are previously seasonal set Distress colours available now as single pads.
The stamp is from Chocolate Baroque and has purple gems stuck on with Cosmic Shimmer dries clear PVA, as are the clear gems on the edges. 
The image is matted on to white and then on to silver mirri card before going on to purple card and then the white card blank. I had to go and buy some purple card, I went through my whole stash and couldn't believe I had no purple!
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
52 Christmas Card Challenge - Purple/White/Silver
Jingle Belles Rock - Anything new (gilding flakes, purple card)


13 comments:

  1. JUst GORgeous Rocky...
    FABulous colours. FABulous design too.
    LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, elegant card - my favourite colour scheme - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the beautiful use of gilding flakes--what shine! Gorgeous tree image and fabulous use of our colors! Thank you so much for joining us at 52CCT this week! :) It's good to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning ... I love that metallic tree ... so glad you started 2013 with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that gorgeous silver tree and especially against the beautiful purple background; totally glam and completely striking! thanks for sharing your fab goodies and festive card with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a classy and elegant card - the tree looks gorgeous gilded with silver flakes! Great charity shop find and great out of the box thinking to use a shaving brush in your crafting!
    Thanks so much Rocky for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT once more & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful carde! Love the shimmer of the tree!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so elegant and the glittery tree really stands out.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Rocky this turned out so wonderfully! It's very elegant. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely - your use of gilding flakes makes a gorgeous card - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the tree with the gilding flakes, and the gems just add that extra touch. thanks for reminding me about the challenges - and try cheap supermarket pastry brushes, they're good too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gilded tree is absolutely lovely - such an elegant card! What a super effect you've got with the shaving brushes too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got this Christmas set, and haven't used this tree yet! You did a marvelous job on your card, and purple is my favorite color. Beautiful! Hugs, Clare xo

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.