Wednesday 6 September 2023

Wild Flower Gnome in the Spotlight


     A new month means a new challenge at The Paper Funday, an Anything Goes papercraft challenge with an optional twist.
     For this card I have used a SheepSki design called Wild Flower Gnome. I chose to make a simple card with the spotlight method.
     Two copies of the image were printed at the same time, making sure they were the exactly the same size. One image was kept for the base layer and one was cut with a circle die to give two spotlights.
     Using alcohol markers I coloured the two discs and added a little gold pen to the flower centres. For the mat layer I used the same marker as the disc background on a piece of white card, only the outer edge was coloured which gave me the perfect colour match.
     I mounted the discs onto the background before layering up, just incase it went wrong I would only need another background layer. To give wiggle room to the discs I added a little PVA glue to the foam tape when I was lining them up, you get a few seconds to move them around.
     Once the discs were added I layered up the card, I felt it was a little too bare so I added a small greeting to the bottom corner. Inside is still blank so it can be made to suit the occasion when it's needed.
     If you haven't visited The Paper Funday yet then please do, there's lots of inspiration over there from my creative team mates.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Di's Digi Designs - Die Cuts/Punches
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - #2335 Anything Goes
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends - #213 Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Garden Delights

5 comments:

  1. Rocky, this is a great technique, I often forget to use these tried and true techniques but you've inspired me! Thank so much for another wonderful team project for the Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute Gnome card and effective spotlights, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the spotlight technique on this fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have coloured the circles, a beautiful and very effective card Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spotlighted card is AMAZING. I love how you did that. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.