Tuesday 21 April 2020

Patchwork Circles


      Nesting dies aren't just for matting and layering, this is made using one circle die from the new John Next Door nesting die set, plain circles. There is a stitch dot nesting set too, plus several other shapes.
       There are fifteen circles cut from four different double sided patterned papers, all the same size. To get the sides folded up evenly I used a square die sat over the circle to guide me, I did not put the square through the machine to crease them incase it went wrong, I did it by hand.
       Using a square of matching paper for the base layer I marked the centre with a faint pencil line, this gave me the place to stick the first circle. Before sticking the circles down I did a mock up to see what looked best, I also took a photo of this mock up so when I started to glue them down I would still get them just where I wanted them.
      There are two open areas within the pattern where there is no circle stuck on, this gives two little feature points. For those features I chose to use the Starflower die, cutting from some of the same paper set I made several flowers and also cut a couple of leaf shapes, which were coloured with a touch of green ink.
      With a flower spray in the bottom corner I balanced it out with a tiny butterfly in the opposite corner. Each little flower has a tiny pearl in the centre. matted onto a narrow layer of satin silver paper gives a subtle shine before going on a white card blank.
      The little circles are a good way of using up scraps, as long as you have enough that will tone together and the beauty of using double sided is the little flaps are colourful too.


Materials List    Available from your local craft shop
PCD206 - Plain Circle nesting die set
JNDAD001 - Starflower die set
JNDAD002 - Starflower Leaves die set
JNDAD008 - Small Butterfly die set
Strong PVA Glue


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes/optional geometric papers  - Top Rocker
CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything using patterned papers
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies

6 comments:

  1. This is terrific, Rocky! What awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this die! So creative and the texture is so fun! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project! I may have to case this!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a lot of work. I am sorry I am so late commenting but I have and computer issues and no one available to fix it. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Crazy Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Myrna S. Design Team Member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell in love with the project the moment I saw it! You did a lot of detailed work but it was truly worth it! Thanks for your meticulous and beautiful submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create! Bravo!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, your have been selected as a TOP ROCKER at 613 Avenue Create for the week of April 19, 2020 - April 25, 2020! Your project is featured on our blog. Please stop by and grab your bag. Thanks for your inspirational submission to our challenge!
    The Resident Design Team

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.