Wednesday 27 November 2019

Never Ending Safari


     If you like mechanical cards you'll love this one, a never ending card. It used to involve some very careful measuring, a few spare sheets of card and a hot cup of tea to calm the nerves....not any more, you can do it all with a die set! This is a new die set from John Next Door (JND106-DIE), you get the main card dies that also add fold lines, plus some of the small panel topper dies to save all that fiddly trimming.
    There is a video tutorial for this card on John's You Tube page, I would also suggest cutting the main pages in rough card to begin with so you can play around with it before using your best cardstock.
     I cut my base card from Kraft card as it was going to be covered with animal pictures. All the mat layers were cut in a dark brown card as black just didn't look right.
     You may be able to see from this photograph that I planned which photo would go where and also which way up before sticking anything down. As the card folds the pictures face different directions so a little planning will save having the elephants upside down!
     Parts of the following pictures can sometimes be seen, but I don't think this takes away from the ones on the current page, it adds to the interest of what follows. This was made using pictures taken on a birthday safari, a fabulous day out with a great bunch of nutcases that I am proud to call friends.
     This page contains one of my favourite pictures of the day....the 'does my bottom look big to you?' rhino. My photographic skills leave much room for improvement!
     The cards ability to fold and turn improved as I added pictures, at the beginning it didn't seem to move well, but I think the added weight helped the mechanics a lot. I also used Stix2 3D PVA, a good strong glue rather than DS tape, all that movement means it has to be stuck down securely.
     These cards are great for special occasions as they have four sides on which to add pictures and messages, becoming mini scrapbooks like this one.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Animals - Anything With Animals Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe - Flora and/or Fauna or Pocket
Love To Craft - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB mechanical card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge BLog

    Kathyk
    DT @ LTCCB

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.