Friday 1 June 2018

Powertex Dark Materials


     A local friend has just become a Powertex tutor and I was one of the lucky few to be invited to play with this amazing product. There aren't any run through pictures for two reasons, one is I was so engrossed in playing I totally forgot and the other? even if I had remembered, my hands were so mucky I couldn't have held a camera anyway. Don't worry it's all water soluble, I went home nice and clean.......ish!
     We started with a canvas board and some natural fibre fabrics, the Powertex soaks into natural fibres but it's not so happy with synthetics. Each piece of fabric was massaged with the product, then we painted the boards and began to assemble the fabric. It's hard to believe that this fabric will dry as hard as rock.
     With the addition of a few buttons, beads and MDF shapes the project took shape, quite literally. All the odds and sods can be stuck on with the Powertex, no need for extra glue. With a little gentle heat from a hairdryer, a heat gun is too hot, it was ready for me to add colour.
      We used some mica powders mixed into a tiny bit of varnish and then applied it by the dry brush method, this is something I need to practice I think.
     My head is spinning with ideas for Christmas, I can't wait to start playing with fabric for ornaments. We started on board just to get the feel of the product but there are so many other possibilities.
     Please come and join us at Altered Eclectics with your mixed media projects, anything but cards and ATC's. You have a whole month to create something to show us.


I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes   (F)
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes   (M)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas. Lots of texture and interesting findings. Have a creative week Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! This is amazing. Love all that texture and the colours. Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.