Wednesday 22 November 2017

Vellum Snowfall


     For the new challenge at The Male Room we would like to see you use vellum somewhere on your masculine project.
   
     As I am running behind with my Christmas cards I have chosen to make a seasonal card with a simple winter scene.
     The trees were die cut from green card, I wanted to create the faded look the distant trees have so I inked the back layer with white Distress Ink which knocked back the colour just enough.
     With two layers of trees on white card I moved on to the deer.
     These two doe's were cut from kraft card and stuck down flat. The white panel was then stuck on to a square kraft card blank.
     I ran a large square of vellum through a snowfall embossing folder, I had to move the folder over to get full coverage. Fixing vellum to anything with glue or tape usually shows, so I decided to cut slots in the base card and slot the vellum through it. The corners didn't look very nice so I used a punch to round them off and soften their appearance.
     Using dark brown glitter paper I stuck it to double sided sticky sheet before die cutting the stag, this made sticking him on a whole lot easier.
     To finish I die cut a tattered banner from kraft card, coloured the edges with a brown pen and added a peel off greeting also coloured with a brown pen, it was then stuck on to the vellum with foam pads.
     Please pop over and have a look at all the vellum inspiration the team have come up with, there's lots to help get you started, then you can join us at The Male Room with your project.



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
52 Christmas Throwdown - Brown, Green & Kraft  (F)       (HM)
A Snowflakes Promise - Anything Goes   (M)
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - Anything Goes / option blue  (W)
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Goes  (F)
Cardz 4 Guyz - Reindeer   (F)         (Top 3)

7 comments:

  1. There is so much to say about this! The vellum snow is delightful and you've attached it in such a clever way. The overall effect is very speical and the die you've used for the sentiment just finishes it off.
    Thanks for playing at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz.
    Janis, Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a classic card, the vellum snowfall looks so realistic! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea, reminds me of how I used to teach perspective in school!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quelle magnifique carte Rocky, j'aime beaucoup l'effet du vélum et ce paysage forestier, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic festive card you made :-)) I like how you use vellum.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown, Andreja DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snowfall, Rocky. The layer of vellum adds so much dimension to your card. hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.