Saturday 1 July 2017

Tinned Desk Tidy


     I've always liked the labels on these soup tins so I wanted to see how I could reuse them, Altered Eclectics is all about mixed media and recycling so this is my DT project.
     Now that tins have a ring pull lid you don't get a jagged edge when they've been opened, it's still quite sharp so I had to be careful.
     I cut the labels off and set them aside while I washed the tins and let them dry thoroughly. Then, once dry, I used double sided tape to stick the trimmed labels back on the tins.
     I have used Rusty Patina Rustique to cover the metal, making sure to cover the edges as well as the main body of the tin. I have also dabbed a little over the edges of the labels to hide the straight lines.
     They make great brush holders to sit on my desk and I rather like the aged look they now have. I find it amusing that I have used a paint containing rust to paint a tin.
     Altered Eclectics is a month long challenge so pop over and join us with your projects, anything goes EXCEPT cards and ATC's.


I would like to enter these tins in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Crazy Egg/Anything Goes   (W)
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes   (M) 

4 comments:

  1. These look great, useful too and I also like the humour behind the rust effect on tins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous alterations using the rust effect. Whole new lease of life and ironically ageing them in the process - love them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative altered tins. Lovely work Roocky. Have a Creative month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and good use for those cans. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.