Wednesday 22 July 2015

Spots and Stripes


     Welcome to another project for The Male Room, this fortnight we are looking for a masculine card with spots and stripes on it.
     I have used a clear stamp by Woodware called Huge Happy Birthday and a technique called paper piecing to make a card that is approximately 7x5 inches.
    I have stamped with Perfect Medium and embossed with Stampendous Detail Black embossing powder on to white card, then stamped and embossed on to striped paper and spotty paper. Each letter has been cut out from the designer papers and glued on to the white card, alternating spots and stripes. As they are patterned papers (rather than card) it doesn't come out too thick and heavy so it's alright for standard postage, I have matted and layered but it's still quite thin.
     The beauty of this stamp is it can be used for young and old, male and female, all you need do is change the colours, now that's what I call value for money!
     Please come and join us at The Male Room with your creations, we would love to see them.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Fashionable Stamping - All About The Men
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Love it! A perfectly CAS card - the papers you've used are just super and work perfectly for a guy card. xxx

    I have this in my stash - it's such a versatile stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky woooww
    I was having difficult time thinking to make manly card with spot and stripes
    and never think to do paper piecing like you did
    clever made and love the CAS idea too Rocky
    I am happy on the same challenge blog with you again even I am only GDT but we meet at HOC again next month
    love it if you like to give me some love back Rocky
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fussy cutting with your card, but it is so worth the results! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun ... love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I have a card exactly like this that I made at a workshop, except it is in red white and blue. Spooky, but I guess it proves great minds think alike! It goes without saying that I love it!
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks fab and I actually have this paper pad too - bit of a go to for me when making male cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely CAS masculine card! Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card! Great centred sentiment with embossing and paper piecing looks great! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours and so funny with all the patterns.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous paper piecing on this male card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I noticed your card over at Cindy's Manly Monday and wanted to come take a look. What a gorgeous CAS birthday card for a man! Your paper piecing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that stamp,such a fab male card! Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the simplicity on this card! It's still really effective and like you wrote, so easy to alter the colours. Thanks for great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.