Wednesday 27 May 2015

It's All About The Journey


     There's definitely a pattern to my Male Room cards, we are a family of vehicle enthusiasts so anything travel is always useful. The theme at The Male Room this fortnight is Washi Tape, so have a rummage in your stash and see what turns up.
     The DL card blank I have used is covered with an old map book page, then I have die cut the word 'Journey' using a Tim Holtz Alterations Mover and Shaper die, into white card. The word looked a little lost so I have coloured it with a blue grey marker pen.
     The word panel is mounted on the map background using foam tape, it's all the way around about 3mm in so it can't be seen easily. I have used two Washi tapes, one with a map on and one with cars along it. I don't usually add a sentiment until I know who it's going to and for which occasion.
     Please pop over to The Male Room and have a look at the DT inspiration, I'm sure you'll find something to get you started.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! And even more washi that I've never seen before - I've got some serious washi shopping to do! Great to meet you the other week, enjoyed creating the make & take bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Male card, great use of that washi tape. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart Challenges this week and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did the background! It's been a pleasure. Will see you as a player in the future~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think this is just brilliant! I love the whole travel theme, and the map backing paper is just super. Love the Washi you've used on this one. Super take on the challenge. Note to self - I DO NOT NEED any more Washi, but I do like the map one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some seriously nice washi tapes around, love your choice on this card. Great for any male car enthusiast, super DT card
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the washi map tape! Who knew?!!? This is a terrific bon voyage card or just a young man going off to college! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A card that any vehicle lover would adore! The map paper, cut out design and fun automobiles are just perfect. Great project! Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown Have a beautiful day! ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh what a cool design!! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.