Friday 1 February 2013

Triple layer, two tone stamping

 This weeks challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is to 'triple layer/time stamp'. This involves using three layers of card and stamping over all three at the same time. It doesn't matter about perfect edges as matting is used to cope with this and add that finishing touch too. There is a link on 52CCT site to a tutorial by Dawn Olchefske if you would like to see how it's done.
  This is my second try at this technique, the first one was not defined enough in its image. That then set me to thinking how I could change it slightly, I then hit upon a positive / negative style.
I began by cutting my mats and layers to fit a 5 3/4" card. I arranged my layers carefully and tacked them in place while I stamped. The stamps are from Stampin Up - Ornament Keepsakes. I stamped with black Archival ink then separated the layers and used white embossing powder on the black card and clear embossing powder on the white card. I then built up all my images and mats before placing them on the card blank. A friend pointed out at craft club that a little red would be good, thanks Ann, so I have coloured a white card blank with Distress Ink Festive Berries to get a nice bright red base and then added a few red gems to the baubles.
I have also decorated the inside and the envelope to finish it off.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Triple Time Stamping
Winter Wonderland - Monochromatic

9 comments:

  1. Wowsers Rocky - what a fabulous idea to combine triple time stamping with the split negative technique - ingenious! It's worked beautifully to create a really special and stylish card! I love the pop of red too!

    Yay, a wonderfully decorated inside AND envelope too, I LOVE to see that!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow a really gorgeous effect Rocky! Love the colors and those ornaments. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever - this is not one but two perfectly executed techniques - a stunning card. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful effect you got on this card. Really gorgeous. Thanks for playing at craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky, this is absolutely STUNNING!!! LOVE the twist of the split negative!!! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful crafted - gorgeous card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for February – hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the triple stamping technique. The black and white images and pop of red really look super.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous love your colour choice and a lovely creation thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for taking part in Sparkles Christmas 'Anything Goes' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.