Sunday 27 January 2013

Technique Time Tuesday Crew Call

    There is a crew call over at Technique Time Tuesday. TTT is a challenge blog that explores different techniques, stretching skill levels and teaching new ideas, pop over and take a look.
  This is my application for the DT. I have chosen to use the Bargello technique shown last year because it reminds me of one of my Granny's favourite cushions. If you would like to know how to do this then click here for the TTT bargello tutorial.
  When I put the strips down I used double sided tape. I had some small gaps so I dusted with gold mica powder which stuck to the tape and gave me a subtle gold shimmer instead of nasty white marks.
I have also used the gold mica on the green background which is stamped with a Tim Holtz flourish. I cut the leaf shape using an X-Cut die, I used the largest die for the bargello so I had to draw around the outside of the die on gold card and cut out by hand to get the thin gold mat layer.
The cream roses are made up from Tattered Floral die cuts and edged with a tiny touch of gold ink. The greeting is the smallest leaf die cut from one of the patterned papers used in the bargello with a small gold greeting added.
  I love to learn new techniques so a challenge site like this is a great way of doing so.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rocky. Beautiful use of the Bargello technique. The addition of the gold mica powder is an inspiration and the way you used it on the background is gorgeous. Thank you for joining our DT call at Technique Time Tuesday. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the dt call - this is a lovely version of the technique, great colours too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky, this is absolutely amazing!!! LOVE the colors you chose--and the sentiment on the leaf is genius!!! GOOD LUCK on the DT call--you'll hear from us at TTT soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Rocky! Love the beautiful designs and colors!! Thank you so much for joining our DT Call at Technique Time Tuesday!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Love how you used the bargello! Thank you so much for joining our DT call at TTT! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.