Wednesday 13 February 2013

My Hearts On Fire - 12 Tags of 2013

   I've been looking at Tim Holt 12 Tags of 2013 and been inspired to join in this month. I can't promise to make every tag, especially as I've already missed January, but I shall try.
   I began with a white tag that I cut out with my Sizzix Tag and Bookplate die. I don't have many Distress Stains so I used a Distress Ink Pad and blending foam to colour the tag with Festive Berries. I then spritzed and dabbed followed by watermark stamping using Fabulous Flourishes. Once completely dry I stamped across the bottom with a border stamp from Stampers Anonymous Rock Star and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Lava Black, it looks black but at an angle it shows a deep maroon.
  I have also used Lava Black when stamping the heart image from Rock Star. The centre of the heart is glittered and then covered with a layer of Glossy Accents. I have used a silver glitter pen to colour the scroll work around the heart and Distress Marker Picket Fence to colour the banner. 'Alex' is written with tiny peel offs as my hand writing is not that neat.
 I found the definition of Valentine in an old dictionary and tore it out to go on my tag. I have also used two tiny silver heart brads to help hold it in place.
  There are two more silver heart brads on the right of the tag, one tiny and the other larger. I've finished it off with some red ribbon with little hearts on and thin black satin ribbon through a black reinforcing ring. I do enjoy making tags and find that I am a little more artsy than I would be on a card. Must make the effort (and time!) to do more.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Rocky, love your reds and the embossing! Just perfect!

    (Shhh...: I gave my tiny tin a coat of fine sand paste before painting it with acrylic colours ;)

    Hugs,

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an oustanding craft project - awesome! Absolutely adorable - hope to see more.
    Will follow you to ensure not to miss any
    Cheers,
    XO
    SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rocky! I'm going to have to give some of these TH Tag ideas a try! Between you and Claudia, I'm just so inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.