Thursday 14 February 2013

Definitely No Snow

   This colour challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown was just that for me but thanks to the inspiration given by the DT this is what I came up with. It also falls nicely in with Craftyhazelnut's challenge of  No Snow!
  I'm not very good with a brayer yet so I've used gloss card and Distress Inks. To begin with I stamped my camel train in Archival Ink Coffee and made a mask on a sticky note too. I masked off the sand and used two more notes to make a triangle shape, then I used Scattered Straw and a tiny bit of Wild Honey to ink my pyramids.
  Using the top half of the mask I then inked up the sand with Scattered Straw only. The image is then mated on a layer of pearl chocolate card before being put on a yellow background paper that has been in my stash for years.
  I have added a gold star brad in the top corner to finish off the front of the card. Inside I have stamped the camel train again in Coffee and coloured the sand as well. The greeting was a freebie on a magazine, the camel train is an Inkadinkado stamp but it doesn't appear to have a name on it.
  I've also stamped the envelope with camels so there is definitely No Snow!
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Yellow / Brown / White

10 comments:

  1. Love the colour combo - beautiful card, including the inside - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing take on our unusual colour challenge Rocky, what a fab idea to include a pyramids and camels scene in your lovely card - the star brad is a perfect touch! Wonderful to see a beautifully decorated inside and envelope too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us once more at 52 {C}CT and I look forward to seeing you again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect use of the colour combo for a festive card. Love those camels inside and on the envelope too. Thanks for playing along at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Rocky! LOVE your coloring and the inside is just wonderful, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loved this art work! Fantastic card! Thanks for joining CHNC extra challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, Rocky! Very unusual with the traveling caravan, and the pyramid backdrop. GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing your card with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABulous Rocky! You really rocked this color challenge - inside and out :o) THanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Rocky, Thank you for joining in our challenge Sparkles Christmas "Anything Goes" and good luck hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles Christmas

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant card - so creative and imaginative. I struggle if I've no stamped image to play with lol.

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas. Hope we see you again soon.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.