Monday 4 February 2013

Purple Snowflakes

 This weeks Christmas challenges gave me something to think about. I wanted to try and tie all of them together in one card if I could so I really had to put my thinking cap on.
  52 Christmas Card Challenge is a sketch so that was my starting point, then Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is anything beginning with 'P' so I chose purple. The subject came from Jingle Belles who are asking for anything to do with H2O (water) so that meant snowflakes would be good. Winter Wonderland are asking for monochromatic so using only purple and white would do that one and Sparkles are looking for anything Christmas.
I have used a snowflake stamp that was free on a magazine and embossed it with a mixture I made myself, it was pure white but I wanted some sparkle so I have put one child's medicine spoon of white in a tiny jam jar and added a generous half spoon of a clear sparkle powder to get the mix I wanted. I've never done this before but I have heard of other people doing it so I thought I'd try and I'm pleased to say it worked. The centre of each snowflake has a purple gem on it and I've also added three gems to the greeting bar. The two snowflakes are embellishments from my stash and I wish I could remember where I got them because they're so pretty, they do sparkle, it's just my photography that lets them down.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Monochromatic
Sparkles - Anything goes

13 comments:

  1. what an incredibly lovely card, i especially love that BEAUTIFUL snowflake image and the PURPLE and white color palette is just sooooooo very elegant! brilliant take on ALL the challenges involved, i just love when someone can combine ideas so flawlessly into a completely FAB card! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW this is stunning, what a brilliant card, I love the colours you have gone for. Thanks for playing on Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is one of my favourite crafting colours so I love the fact that you choose P for purple - gorgeous card - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all that purple that's going on here! Very stylish take on our sketch, thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky, this is amazing! I adore the gorgeous purple and I LOVE the amazing tiny snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to rock all of those challenges ... I always love a purple holiday card, especially with snowflakes ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Rocky!! Love that purple and those snowflake brads. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous mono love your colour choice and a lovely creation thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This ones is gorgeous. I love snowflakes and on purple they look gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Craftyhazelnut's Extra Christmas challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this is gorgeous. I love those snowflakes
    . Thanks for joining us at winter wonderland for our monochrome challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Rocky - the DL layout works so well with that sketch! Well done on combining all the challenges too! I love the snowflake embellies - very sweet and now I know they sparkle too I definitely want some LOL!
    So nice to see you playing along with us once more at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rocky - go check out my blog when you get a chance. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. Congrats!

    http://dscraftyconnection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so elegant - and oh, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.