Wednesday 9 October 2019

Seeing Stars


     Well it's getting closer to Christmas, so if you haven't started making your cards pop over to Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for some inspiration. I chose to go with the optional theme of Stars for my card.
     I started with a 6.75 inch white card blank, then I cut a 5.75 inch gold mirri mat. I wanted the stars to shine through from the mat layer so I cut a dark blue mat and die cut Tim Holtz Swirling Stars into it.
     The scene is John Next Door O Little Town die set cut from Kraft card, I thought this looked a bit like a sandy desert. To add a little light to the scene I inked the edges with white. The beauty of these dies is they are open ended so I could have the scene as wide and as deep as I wanted.
      I stuck the buildings section on to the dark blue and then trimmed it to make sure it was right to the edge. I thought about putting the camel section on foam pads but changed my mind and kept it flat, better for postage I think.
     A gold mirri die cut greeting was all that was needed to finish this one off, inside will be stamped later when I decide who to send it to.
      Christmas At Sweet Stampin' has lots of inspiration for you, whether it's to get started or to keep you going it's worth a look. Come and join us, we'd love to see your creations.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Angels or Nativity
The 12 Months Of Christmas - Anything Christmas/optional Sensational Santa
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas/optional Focal Sentiment 
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas

8 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous. I just LOVE this scene. Gorgeous layers and elements. A truly fabulous creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - those stars are so effective.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful nativity card..gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and elegant card. Thanks for sharing at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has a great looking sparkle to it, in our Christmas Holliday Collection, we have a Merry Christmas Sparkling Silver Lights Christmas Postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the star belt in the sky. Thanks for joining us in CCAYR challenge. Hope you will participate in our next challenge. Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your awesome Christmas project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's October "Anything Christmas Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MLCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.