Friday 11 October 2019

Polar Magic Goes Snowglobal


    This card uses the New Mica Magic two different ways, along with the new Polar Scenes die set and the Snowglobe die set. I have to say that I wasn't very interested in the snow globe die set at first, then one of my crafting friends showed me some of her projects and my head started to pop with ideas, so thank you Avril.  This is also my design piece for Not Just Cards which begins a new month today.
 
     I die cut the scene strips in black and in white card, I wanted to have a highlight type effect. I tried the white on top, then the black on top, the black looked better in a white globe.
    The background was made using the Mica Magic on watercolour card, the card has a texture that gives an almost snowfall look. I worked from the side of the card so the point of origin would be behind the trees, making sure to keep it brighter on the tree side. I added some black to the opposite side to make more of a night sky.
     John showed a technique where he inked the die and then cut the card, so I tried it with an ink called Silver Blue, to me it looks more lilac but as it's metallic it's great for this. I cut the circular frame and the decorative base this way.
     The card is cut with the snowglobe die making sure to leave a hinge at the top, this is covered up with the big circle that the background is on. The base is slightly longer than the full globe so that it stands out in front and looks like a real snowglobe would.
     To get some sparkle on the frame I used the new Craft Artist Glitter Touch clear, having such a small brush it's easy to add little details.
     The flower is made with Craft Artist foam and the Poinsettia die, then coloured with Mica Magic. This creamy mica is gorgeous on foam, it colours beautifully and doesn't rub off like ink does. It's stuck together with Gloss Glaze then finished off with a half pearl coloured with an alcohol marker.
     Please pop over to Not Just Cards and take a look at all the inspiration from both the DT and the challenge entrants, I'm sure you'll find something you'd like to try.



Materials List    Available from your local craft shop
JND143 - Polar Scenes die set
JND123 - Snowglobe die set
CAT004 - Mica Magic Autumn Hues
JNDCC017 - Poinsettia Die
CAT006 - Glitter Touch - Basics
CAT002 - Glue Glaze
CT27829-7 - White Flower Moulding Foam


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas
C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas
Cute N' Crafty Christmas - Anything Christmas

2 comments:

  1. OH WOW this is awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
    Darlene
    MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the silhouette against the purple. It's really effective.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.