Friday 25 October 2019

Deer Forest Pop Box


     This cute little box is a new die from John Next Door called Pop Box, because when you lift the lid it pops open. The finished box is 2.5 inches square and comes with a huge selection of small dies for decorating inside and out.
     The basic box shape can be cut from an A4 sheet of card, it cuts and scores all in one pass.
     I cut this box from a sheet of double sided card, folded it and then used some ink to blend all the outside edges. The window die is also in the set, this is backed with some snowfall acetate.
     There are silver mirri card deer on the outside, as well as a small snowflake, with a larger snowflake on the lid.
     Inside I used the notched squares to cut my glittering forest and the stags base plate.

    To make the deer stand up I used the tip from Tim Holtz, fold the thin card in a small 'v' shape and cut the 'v' just up from the bottom of the die. This little 'v' gives the deer's legs a tiny flat piece of card so he doesn't fall over, just glue his top half together.
     The inside of the lid is finished off with another snowflake because I love snowflakes. You get two of them with this set but I have to confess I have used some other snowflakes from stash, I do have a few!
     These boxes are great for table decorations, treats and advent boxes. They don't have to be just for Christmas either, with the selection of extras that come in the set you can make them for any occasion


Materials List    Available from your local craft shop
JND147 - Advent Pop Box
JND148 - Advent Numbers   (not used this time)
S57262 - Stix2 3D PVA Glue


I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Christmas
CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything With Patterned Paper

1 comment:

  1. I first want to apologize for taking so long to comment. I have been on holidays and I love looking at everyone's entries so I told the design team that I would respond to my quota of entries once I returned. I Love your paper choices. Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.