Monday 10 September 2018

The Gift


      I thought I'd try my hand at a spotlight card and this stamp seemed a good one to try it with, it's from Chocolate Baroque, called The Gift.
         This was stamped on card suitable for alcohol markers using Memento black ink. I drew around the bauble die I was going to use so that I only coloured enough for that shape and not the complete picture.
     I trimmed and mounted the main image panel on Stix2 gold pearl card, then die cut the bauble from the coloured card. Mounting this on foam pads and adding some gold thread to the hanging loop it was stuck on to the image panel.
     This layer was then mounted on a green pearl mat before going on a 5x7 white card blank. I have used a peel off greeting because I knew if I heated anything once it was all stuck together it would buckle, next time I will add the greeting before mounting.


Materials list - available from your  local craft shop
Stix2 Anything -    Pearlescent Card - Gold
                             Tinted Card - Holly Green
                             Double Sided Tape
                             Foam Pads
                             PVA Glue
                             7x5 Card Blank

Other items -        Chocolate Baroque stamp - The Gift
                             Memento - Tuxedo Black
                             Alcohol markers
                             Bauble die
                             White Card suitable for alcohol markers


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The 12 Months Of Christmas - Have A Tweet Christmas
The Merry Christmas - Anything Christmas
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's weekly Christmas card challenge and 12 months of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.