Wednesday 12 September 2018

Geometric Blues


     The Male Room has a Geometric theme this fortnight, this one really had me rummaging through my stash.
     I wanted to stamp but couldn't find what I was thinking of, but I did have a small die of a geometric shape, so why not cut my own stamp?
     Using a small piece of thin foam I cut my shape, then stuck it to an acrylic block with a glue stick, one home made stamp.
     Using all the blue Distress Oxides I could find I then stamped all over an A5 piece of thin card. The original idea was to use the bit I liked best, but I ended up using the whole piece to cover an A6 white card blank. I have learnt when doing this to stick the front first, fold the card and then stick the back so it doesn't split when folded.
     With a small piece of silver mirri card I cut two shapes with the same die, this die has a thin outer frame that cuts at the same time so I stuck that flush to the card but stuck the main shapes on foam pads. The greeting was then added to the top shape.
     There's lots of inspiration over at The Male Room so please pop over and have a look, then come and join us with your geometric project.




I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
heARTful Stamping - Anything Goes + A Stamp   (Top3)
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Dies and/or Punches

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful background, I love your card. Thank you very much for sharing in Crafty Sentiments Design, luck. Kisses Ana Dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to cut your own "stamp". Congratulations on making Top 3 over at my heARTful stamping challenge this past week. Come back to visit!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.