Wednesday 5 May 2021

Sunshine On The River Of Creativity


     There is a new challenge on the block, River Of Creativity is for all crafts, not just paper. There will be a theme each month but it will be quite a broad one, allowing your creativity to run riot. 
     This picture started life as a wooden wallart item found in a charity shop, I didn't like the artwork much but when I looked at the back it was a great shallow frame I could do things to.
     I started to put together the image panel and tried it inside the frame, it was too much of the same colour, so I painted the inside edge of the frame with dark brown acrylic.
     I had a sheet of 12x12 paper that was almost exactly what I wanted but it was a bit too bright and a tad too big, the inside of the frame is 10.75 inches square. After playing around with different ideas I found a sheet of vellum in my stash with little flowers all over it. Perfect, it knocked back the colour and added another feature, as the light changes across the panel the flowers show up. After trimming the paper to fit inside the panel I folded the edges of the vellum over the paper all the way around, this way the vellum stays put and there is no need for glue.

     The bee hexagons are cut from mat photos using a die by Jamie Rodgers, the shape caught my imagination as soon as I saw it, they're like little boxes, which reflects the idea of using a box frame.
      To fix the paper panel in the frame I used some redline tape, this stuck to the vellum overlapped edge so hopefully over time it will not show through the paper as it doesn't actually touch it.
      To fix the bees to the vellum I used some Stix2 3D PVA, strong stuff and acid free. To get even spacing I used a wooden stir stick between each shape until the glue set.
     The corners needed a little something so I die cut some honeycomb in mustard card, thank you Avril for the use of your die, but only stuck them in two of the corners.
      At the bottom I added some paper sunflowers and at the top there is a small die cut bee, this is only stuck on with tack because I'm not sure if I like it, maybe I will find something I like more in time.
     I am so pleased to be working with the girls at River Of Creativity, it's great to have a challenge that welcomes all craft, not just card making. Please pop over and read all about it, then come and join us with your creations.



I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create - #5 Anything Goes
Always Fun - #212 Combine Old & New Products
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes With A Critter
Creatalicious - Things With Wings
World Wide Open Design Team - #4 Anything Goes
Dies R Us - #168 Anything Goes With A DRU Stock Die

10 comments:

  1. Hi Rocky this is gorgeous I love it. Congratulations on your new Design Team position. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shadow box looks fantastic and I like the addition of the honeycomb, flowers and the little bee in the top right corner. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, SandyDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer, Bees and Sunshine, all make for a perfect creation for our theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project Rocky. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet creation 🥰 Thank you for participating on Creatalicious Challenges Blog that means a lot to us!
    Marci - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope my comment sticks this time! Because I think your inspiration piece is both clever and stylish. Thank you for being part of our River of Creativity really hope you have fun with it.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has come together beautifully!
    Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
    Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning design. Love the theme and clever way you displayed the all the parts of your card. Thank you for joining us at A 613 Ave Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collage of bee pictures and so creative. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.