Saturday 23 January 2021

Mandala Quatrefoil Card


     Another card made using the new limited edition Mandal die set from John Next Door. I like to play around with my dies to see what else I can do with them other than the expected basic cut. For a mandala it's usually cut and stack, which looks amazing, but there must be other things you can do with it. That's why I cut from inexpensive card and fold, snip and mess around to see what it will do, we all want value for money from our products don't we?, I know I do.
     The card used was the same brand in two different shades, that way I knew it was the same thickness. Each piece of card measured 4 5/8inches wide by 9 1/2 long, the width is most important although this can be trimmed if it's a little too wide once you have the mandala cut at both ends.    
     The hardest part of this card was remembering to use to 'far' side of the die on the edges of the card, this meant having my cutting plates staggered so it only cut the top half.
     Once the edges were cut I scored along each inner edge and folded the patterned cut inwards. 
     After both pieces of card were cut at the ends I cut the outer patterned part of the mandala and the inner full cut in the darker card. I cut a gold mirri outer pattern with both full cut inner and outer dies and glued this over the aperture to frame it.
      Before gluing the two pieces of card together I placed them over each other and made sure they formed a perfect square so all points would meet, I had to trim a tiny bit here and there to achieve this but if I hadn't the card wouldn't have folded correctly.
     I stamped through the aperture to make sure my sentiment would be in exactly the right place, then I glued the two pieces of card together. I added some of the leftovers from the mirri mandala frame to the corners of the inside and a mirri centre to one point on the outside, this disc acts as a 'seal' to hold the card shut when all points are folded in.
     This would look amazing in white or cream for a save the date card or wedding invitation, cut a plain disc for the outside to hold the couples initials, there are so many possibilities with this die set.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Daring Cardmakers - You're So Square
Happy Little Stampers Dies - Anything Using A Die
Little Red Wagon - #585 Dies

8 comments:

  1. Wow Rocky this is just amazing. I love it. I did see it being shown on TV. Have a good weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Moving Along with the Times; it fits perfectly with our ‘New’ challenge theme. Fabulous card design. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fancy! It looks especially amazing when all folded up. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design, thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our something New Challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mandala card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Hugs Sylvia-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very creative way to use this beautiful die! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow is all I can say. This card is beautiful. You did a great job on it. Thanks for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge. Dawn x DTeam

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.