Wednesday 10 July 2019

Christmas In The Sun......


.......is clearly not good for a snowman.  Our new challenge at Christmas At Sweet Stampin' is Christmas In The Sun. Half the world has a Summer Christmas and I'm ashamed to say I've never really noticed what their cards are like, this is my effort at making a sunny Christmas card.
      On a plain white card I masked the top left corner and used a stencil to add the suns rays in yellow Distress Ink.
      At the bottom I stamped a cloud, which just happens to look like a pool of melting snow. This was also in Distress Ink so I used a water brush to move the ink around a little.
      I stamped a snowman's head on black card and cut out his hat, then cut out a small carrot. These were added to the cloud, along with two googly eyes at a jaunty angle.
      It actually took longer to go through my Christmas stash to find the greeting stamp than it did to make the card, I knew I had a 'warm wishes' somewhere.
      And there you have it, a CAS, lightweight sunny Christmas card with a little humour.
      You don't have to follow our theme at Christmas At Sweet Stampin' but we would love it if you did.

I would like to enter this poor little snowman in the following challenges:
The 12 Months of Christmas - Anything Seasonal / optional - Plaid
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - Anything Seasonal / optional - For man or Boy
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ ttph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta tell you. I LOVE this fun (and tiny bit sad) card! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me again. I really wanted to save your card to pinterest so that if I CASE it, I can credit you with the idea but I can't pin it. Any idea why? I'm bound to forget where I saw it if I don't pin it and I really want to CASE it because I think it's such enormous fun (unless you are a snowman).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but I don't know why it wouldn't work, sometimes Pinterest throws a bit of a wobbly but then it's OK later. I have pinned it to my board (Rockycrafter's Creations) so you may be able to pick it up from there.

      Delete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.