Wednesday 29 August 2018

Say Cheese


     The new theme over at The Male Room is photography and cameras, plenty of scope for a masculine card in that one.
     A shaped card seemed the way to go for me, a little trawl through some pinsperation and this is what I chose to make.
    I cut a piece of white card to fold landscape as it makes it look more realistic and it stands up better too. I covered the front with black paper and then cut the shapes for the button and view finder, a corner chomper came in very handy for the finishing touch to the basic shape.
    The flash is a rectangle of silver satin card and the grip at the button end is another small piece of black paper embossed. I die cut the image from a photograph I took last year and then cut two black frames to surround it, I was trying to give the lens a little depth.
    As yet there is no greeting inside, I haven't decided who will receive the card or for what occasion, that will come in time.
    Please pop over to The Male Room for some more inspiration, then come and show us your project.



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafting With Dragonflies - Masculine card   (F)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes / optional magic/fantasy   (Hogwarts Express?)

3 comments:

  1. Outstanding!! This card popped out to me because of the train in the lens. I live next to a train yard, and one might say we have trains in our blood..lol The detail on creating your card is superb. And the SD card is a perfect touch. I don't know if I would have wanted to die cut my train picture, but you sure did a lovely job . ♥PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, my brother is a big camera buff and would love this! Like how you put a scene in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very clever! Great idea and perfect for a passionate camera freak! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.