Wednesday 17 January 2018

Male Room Vintage Motor Racing

 
     We have a new challenge at The Male Room, vintage. So many options with this one but I decided to go with motorsport. You may have noticed a gap on the top right of the card, there will be a greeting added when I need to use it, something in dark green I think.
      The whole idea started with a small die cast game piece of a 1950's racing car.  I've had this in my stash for some time, waiting until I could make a silicone mould of it.
     Having watched a few You-Tube videos I decided it was high time I tried making a mould. Now I didn't want to use a huge tube of sealant or anything that smelt so bad I'd be banished to the shed, what could I use.....Stix2 Silicone Glue. It has a faint smell but nothing nasty and comes in a handy tube, I got six moulds about 1.5 inches round from one tube.
   
     I made the tiny car with hot glue and once set coloured it with a mix of Sharpie pens and peel off markers.
     The small pictures on the tag are all free images from the internet distressed with ink and crackle stamps. The tag itself is Kraft card also distressed with inks, the cotton ribbon is also stained with ink.
     The card blank is covered with a small sheet of checkered paper, the edges distressed with black. On to this layer I stuck a die cut laurel wreath and a die cut trophy. The tag is mounted on foam pads over the wreath and trophy.
     It always makes me smile when I see drivers of this era, they wore white overalls when the sport was probably at its dirtiest, their faces filthy, the only clean area around their eyes where their goggles had been.
     The Male Room challenge runs for two weeks so please join us with your masculine projects with a vintage theme.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes   (F)
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes   (W)

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card with vintege tag you made :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "vintage" motorsports theme is fabulous and I do like the little sportscar. Such a clever idea to use hot glue to make it too. Great take on the theme. Sorry to be so late commenting! Deborah, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mould came out great, Rocky! The whole piece is very cool! I need to pull out my moulding stuff. Lol

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.