Wednesday 3 January 2018

Happy New Gnome


     Welcome to the first challenge of the new year at The Male Room, our theme is 'New Beginnings'. As usual our challenge will run for two weeks so you can join us with your masculine projects.
      I chose to make a 'New Home' card using one of my media plates and some new Lavinia Stamps. I challenged myself to produce a masculine project with what are usually considered rather feminine images.
     To start with I stamped the Gnome house in Versafine black, then stamped on some Stix2 masking sheet and cut it out. With the mask in place I used the media plate to add a circle of shades of blue, trying to get a darker edge on the side farthest from the house.
     I stamped two toadstools in blue and used a water brush to lift some of the ink away where the spots are, this worked better than expected on the I-Zink's.
     With the mask still in place I dried the stamping and then used a stencil on the media plate to add Versamark, just before stamping this layer I used an ant-static pad over the inked area and then stamped this layer over the blue inks. A dusting of pearl mica powder now revealed a starburst of light form just behind the house. This has a picture changing effect as the card is tilted in different directions, one way you can see the toadstools and the other you can see the starburst, perfect for a magical card.


     Please pop over to The Male Room for lots more inspiration from our DT and a great guest designer too. Have very Happy Crafting New Year.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Always Fun - Something New  #39   (W)
Simon Says Stamp - Something New  (Mon)
Card Mania - Monochromatic    (M)
Mix It Up - Anything Goes option Masking #9  (M)

10 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly magical - LOVE what you did here! Thanks for having me as GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky this is amazing, I love the blue and the image and then the shine, FABULOUS.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card you made for new start ... I like your stamps :-))
    Happy New Year! Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg -that mica shine is just gorgeous! I love what you did with this card and I'm so glad you joined us at the MIUCB this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, Rocky! The magical effect is just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha - love that sentiment. That starburst is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background techniques you used on your card. It goes perfectly with the gnome house. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very clever card design, it really is magical and just perfect for the fantasy little house and toadstools. Awesome design x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so clever! Love the pun sentiment and that cute mushroom home! Just fabulous! Sorry to be so late commenting. Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.