Wednesday 19 July 2017

Male Room Fossil


     Our new challenge at The Male Room is mixed media, you can make a card or any other project as long as it's masculine mixed media. I didn't want to use a canvas so I die cut a tag from mount board for my base.
     Using some stencils I added Henry and a couple of ammonites with texture paste, Then the tag was coloured with Distress Oxide in Fossilised Amber, Broken China and Vintage Photo. I used a wet stencil to remove some ink, which doesn't show all that well, then spritzed and flicked to get more variation.
     The edges are darkened with Distress Ink in corresponding colours but Henry is coloured with Black Soot because he just didn't stand out enough, I rather like the pale lines around him as it gives him a feint glow.
     Using the Distress Inks I have stamped a pebble texture type pattern to add interest to the background, there is also a fossilised fish stamped above Henry's head.
     The word 'dig' is die cut in dark brown card and stuck on near Henry. There are also some interesting beach finds stuck to the tag, the stone may or may not be a fossil, but it looks like it could be so that's close enough for my tag.
     The label is die cut from the same mount board, inked dark brown and then covered with gold gilding wax and polished. I did have a dictionary definition but I messed it up, so had to type this one instead, it's on white card stamped with a craze pattern and covered with acetate.  All that remained was to add some twine to the top and Henry's tag was finished.
     Our challenge runs for two weeks, so hopefully that will give you enough time to come up with a masculine mixed media project to show us. Please have a look at the DT inspiration for a few ideas.




I would like to enter this tag in the following challenges:
2 Sisters On The Blog - Beach   (M)
Delicious Doodles - Beside The Sea   (M)
Eclectic Ellapu - Seaside or Summer Colours   (M)
Take A Word -Sea Creatures   (I hope fossilised ones count)  (W) 

10 comments:

  1. Yes, fossils count! Love your assembly art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! LOVE this piece of art, great work Rocky.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've added your card.
    Thank you for joining us.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic mixed media tag you made :-)) I like all tehnique you use. Good job!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is brilliant. I really like the colours, the layout and those lovely bits of shell. Awesome tag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design on your tag Rocky, love the added shells and wonderful stampings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice card. Thanks for joining our challenge at 2 Sistersontheblog.
    Caroline DT

    http://2sistersontheblog.blogspot.nl
    https://caroline-creaties.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one. Loving the oxides :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.